I was craving a pumpkin dessert the other day so went to the grocery store, scoured the baking isle and came up with this concoction. I admit this recipe is far from scratch but in a pinch it does the job and can save some on cost of ingredients.
Try this recipe for a holiday party dessert and it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
1 box Pillsbury Pumpkin Quick Bread / Muffin mix
1 cup milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 10 oz. bag Nestle’s Toll House Dark Chocolate Morsels
1 12 oz. Betty Crocker container Whipped Cream Cheese spread
1 2.25 oz. bag Diamond chopped pecans
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Remove the whipped cream cheese spread from the refrigerator if it is not already out.
2. Combine the bread / muffin mix with the eggs, oil, and milk & stir until well combined.
3. Add the dark chocolate morsels and fold evenly into batter.
4. Line a mini muffin pan with mini muffin paper cups and fill each cup 3/4 full with batter. Make sure each portion contains at least several dark chocolate chips.
5. Bake the muffin cakes for 15 minutes (insert a toothpick to ensure it comes out clean to determine cakes are done).
6. Let cakes cool completely
7. Lightly toast the pecan pieces by sautéing them in a pan over low heat (move the pieces around every few minutes to ensure they don’t burn). Remove from heat and let cool…
8. Once the muffin cakes are completely cool, top them with some cream cheese frosting and roasted pecans.
Voila…DELICIOUS, easy and visually oh so cute pumpkin dark chocolate muffin cakes! Now just enjoy them and share the wealth.